Pow! Science! is looking for a Program Instructor!
Download PDF (Printable) Job Description OR read about it below.
Please email resume to Megan Rodrigue, Manager -> [email protected]
Program Instructor WANTED
Pay: Hourly. Overtime possible with owner’s permission.
Hours: Flexibility Required. Changes seasonally, anywhere from 5-40 hours/week.
- In-store hours available to supplement Program Instructor hours.
Shift: Mostly Part-time. Weekdays and Weekends.
Travel: Required. Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license are required.
Training: On the job training is provided but initiative and creativity are essential!
- School Assemblies
- Afterschool Programs
- Science Workshops In-store and Other Programs
- Birthday Parties on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Teach children basic concepts of science
- Interact with and lead children in a fun, classroom-like environment
- Arrive early to bookings and set up for the programs
- Maintain program/party equipment and space
- Teach basic concepts of science to children of various ages and groups of various sizes during afterschool, assemblies, and enrichment programs, workshops, and birthday parties
- Prepare equipment for programs/parties
- Clean and return equipment
- Interact with and act as an authority figure for children
- Basic cleaning and maintenance of equipment and space for programs
- Lifting of boxes and bins of equipment
- Customer service
- Recommend programs/parties
- Book programs/birthday parties
- Accept payment for programs/parties
- While in store: Greet customers and answer phones
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education: Working towards or completed a bachelors in a science-related field.
Experience: Customer service, experience with kids, teaching experience.
Technical Skills: Teaching, higher education, and CPR training are a plus.
- State Background Check (BCI) required upon hire.
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
Heavy Lifting: Highly Likely
Prolonged Standing: Likely